Friday, August 25, 2006

I made it!

Okay, I finally got to audition for the worship team for the Spanish Venue at our church. The audition was very casual. I had to sing a couple of songs to three guys in a small office. I almost freaked but made it through. My voice is so out of practice. I have a sore throat just from practicing for the audition. I've never experienced this before. I guess it's because I've been singing all my life. This last year is probably the longest I've gone without using my voice for singing purposes. Anyway, one of the men I auditioned for is a guy who collaborated with Marcos Witt on a CD. It was pretty interesting!

Well, today we practiced with the group I will be singing with. It was so wonderful to do that again. The ladies I sang with today did a fab job. We did a three part harmony in most of the songs and it sounded really well.

The man leading the worship is a Juan Salinas. He looks and sounds very familiar. He is very talented. I know he has produced records but I don't have all the 411 on him yet. We are practicing tomorrow with the actual band. I am excited since our Spanish Venue services resume this Sunday. If you can, please pray for our service.

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Uh yeah! I have Cd's of him! (I think) Becks bought them and gave them to me.

Elizabeth said...

And, CONGRATULATIONS! I know you've been missing the singing. :-)

Imee Elizabeth said...

Hey Chica,

I'm not sure if it is the same guy. I definitely missed the singing.

Unknown said...

I've always called you Mariah!