Friday, August 25, 2006

Calling All Teachers

Another school year has begun! I just can't belive how fast time passes. I am very glad to say that my classes, even though large are quite good. This year seems so different from the last. I don't feel like I'm completely lost anymore. Our district and more specifically our school are just so organized and on top of things, it's fascinating. I have the same schedule as last year which kind of bites because I have my time off in the morning. We have lots of new teachers at our school since we now have a Senior Class. Last year was the school's first year in operation and we only housed 9th-11th grades. So, we have a full house! There are approximately 2,300 kiddos.

My classes are very large, anywhere between 25-32 teens. I teach Spanish I six times a day to about 180 bodies. Whew! As you can imagine, I am pooped! This year my classroom is being used for After School Detention! Why? I really don't know or understand it but when asked I said "yes." Call me crazy. Hope this gets me a good evaluation. Well, we'll see what this year has in store for me.

To all teachers out there, may God bless you and keep you! Take time to rest up, take a walk, get a massage and most importantly fuel up on Spiritual strength. I pray that the daily tasks and struggles don't distract us from the mission set out for us. Honestly, some days I really don't know how I make it through. Surely, by God's mercy and grace things are possible.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I soo understand your stress. This year i'm stuck teaching three different courses. Hello!!! Did i mention i was a new teacher with only one year official experience. They either love my teaching or just figured i'm young and i could deal. Either way, i'm protesting next year.

Keep in touch .... Erica Camarillo-Ramos.

Imee Elizabeth said...

Hey Erica,
Where do you teach? What do you teach? Good to hear from you.