Saturday, August 23, 2008

Hispanic Women's Network of Texas

I'd like to thank Phillip's aunt Frances for inviting me to this wonderful women's conference here in Houston last weekend. I met a myriad of successful and inspiring women including Judge Aida Salinas from McAllen and Alma Riojas who served on President Reagan’s Transition Team and in the White House Personnel Office specializing in Hispanic and women’s recruitment and placement among many other wonderful accomplishments.

Needless to say I learned so much. This conference could not come at a better time since I was able to get so many leads and contacts that can help me in my new job.

Here's a pic of Aunt Frances and other ladies from her HWNT Chapter in San Antonio.


The last night of the conference there was a banquet in which my dear husband was our date!


No comments: